Sometimes we just wish that we can give our homes a quick emergency cleaning so that we can focus on our jobs, kids, social life, hobbies or whatever else we prefer doing other than cleaning for hours and hours.
There are some clever tips to perform a rather efficient “emergency” cleaning, which can come in handy if you need to make your home presentable in 20-30 minutes. Of course, this type of quick cleaning doesn’t eliminate the need for performing a good deep cleaning at some point.
These tips are useful for getting ready quickly for unexpected guests or visits, for example. Here are the quick tips to make your house look as presentable as possible fast:
- Get a large trash bag and walk around all rooms quickly and stuff any trash, papers, etc. you find. Of course, you can limit this activity to the rooms which your guests will be entering only.
- Pick up any dishes and dirty cups and throw them in the sink or directly in the dishwasher. No need or time to do the dishes right away, just pile them up.
- Get another bag and put anything in it which is not useful for you and is just lying around. You will take care of sorting it later.
- Next step is to get your laundry basket and collect anything which doesn’t belong to the room. Move to the next room and put away whatever belongs there. Keep going like that through the rooms which need to be express cleaned. Straighten up any pillows, covers, rugs, towels as you go. Put the toys in the toy box.
- Vacuum the areas which will be seen and used by the guests. If necessary, use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe tables, shelves or other obviously dusty surfaces.
- Grab a glass of multi-surface cleaner and use it to clean the door knobs, the toilet bowls and seats, the sinks, mirrors. Use a cloth or towel to dry everything.v
- Now is the time to load the dishwasher with all the dishes you picked up if you didn’t do that already.
- Look around the kitchen and wipe off any smudges and dirt from the cupboards or surfaces.
- If you have the time, mop the floors of the bathroom, hallways, or any other place or room which will be seen and used by your unexpected guests.
- Light a scented candle, place that flower vase on the dinner table, and make some last preparations to make your house look as presentable as possible.