If you want to spend the least time and effort in getting your home clean and sanitary, then here are a few tips to help you clean your house or apartment as efficiently and with least effort as possible. In fact, some of these cleaning chores can happen literally while you are sleeping or are away from home.
- To successfully and efficiently clean your shower head, pour some vinegar in a plastic bag and place the shower head in it. Tie it up securely and let it sit while you sleep. The vinegar will work through any grime and residue overnight, so the next morning your shower head will be all clean and unclogged.
- Instead of spending hours of painstaking scrubbing of your dirty pans and pots, first, place a dryer sheet on the bottom and then fill the pan or pot with water and let it soak overnight. On the next morning, all the gunk will be loosened and can be easily wiped away with a sponge and some water.
- If your cooktop or stove grates needs to be cleaned, you can place each burner in a bag with ammonia and tie them up and let them soak overnight. You can spray your oven top with a mixture of water, vinegar, baking soda for easy removal of residue from the cooked food.
- Soak up all water and spills from your carpeting or upholstery by first removing any liquid by dabbing it off the spot. Then mix some baking soda with a bit of water to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the stain and let it sit overnight. On the next day, the baking soda will have absorbed any remaining liquid and residue. You only need to vacuum the remaining baking soda out of the carpet or upholstery.
- You can efficiently and safely remove the unpleasant odour from your carpet or upholstery by sprinkling it generously with baking soda and letting it sit overnight. On the next day vacuum, everything thoroughly and the stinky smell should be gone!
- Wine stains on the carpet after they are blotted up, and rinsed off with a dampened cloth, can be sprinkled salt covered with some club soda, and left like that overnight. The salt and the soda will help lift the stain.
- Clean your water kettle from all the limescale which has been accumulated in it by boiling slices of a whole lemon in some water and letting them stay in there overnight. On the next morning, the acids of the lemons should have loosened the limescale, so rinse out the kettle thoroughly and you will be ready for a nice clean cup of tea right away!