Your cat becomes not as cute, sweet and awesome as usual once you see what it has done on your carpet – a giant poo stain with nasty smell. But you don`t need to get upset or angry about it. These stains are easy to be removed. Besides, you don`t even have to call professional carpet cleaners. There are good alternatives for home remedies against cat poo stains on the carpet. Now, we are going to tell you everything about them…
This is what you need to clean cat poo stains out of your carpet
The first thing you need to do is to equip yourself with the necessary tools, products and remedies. Here is the full list of things you need to have at your disposal during the carpet cleaning procedure:
- Rubber gloves
- Lukewarm water
- Mild dish washing soap or liquid laundry detergent (with no bleach in it)
- Scrubbing brush or sponge
- Toilet paper, towel
- Baking soda
- Vacuum cleaner
- Essential oils
- Lemon juice
And here is how to get rid of the cat poo stain on your carpet
And now get yourself prepared for some cleaning job. Below, we will fully describe you what you have to do – step by step.
- Eliminate the excesses of the cat poop with the scraper. Gather it in the dustpan. On mandatory, throw the excesses away of your house by taking the garbage disposal out to avoid spreading the nasty smell.
- Now pre-treat the stain by washing it with the sponge or the brush and some mild mixture of liquid detergent or dish washing soap and lukewarm water. Fill a bucket with it and if you are in a mood, wash the whole carpet.
- Let the carpet dry and if you have to use the vacuum cleaner to speed up the drying process.
- Now apply some baking soda on the dry carpet surface. Wait for few hours and get some rest till then.
- Come back with more energy and motivation to clean to vacuum the baking soda off. This final step removes the tiniest bacteria, as well as the repulsive stain of the cat poo.
Important things to know about cat poo stains on the carpet
Last, but not least, have a glance at the expert tips below. They are important things you should carry in mind, if you have a cat with such bad habits:
- Remove the stain as soon as possible, because later it might be too late
- If you can`t deal with the stain, call the carpet cleaners
- Air the premise during the whole procedure – the carpet will dry faster and the smell will go away, too.
- Have a deodorizer and all-purpose cleaner for carpets, if your cat is so nasty!